Thursday, September 6, 2012

joy

"We should all do what, 
in the long run, gives us joy,
even if it is only picking grapes
or sorting the laundry.

E.B. White



I believe it is important to do something everyday that makes us happy.  Sometimes, though, we discover these things as we go along and the joy is doubled with the surprise.  But there are those sure-fire ways that make us sigh with contentment.  I love to take long baths, drink coffee with cream, stare at the clouds, connect with a dear friend or family member through a phone call and enjoy a quiet evening at home with my husband.  What do you love to do?  What things do you know, without a doubt, bring you joy?  Knowing this is the marrow in the bones that build the framework of a happy life.

2 comments:

  1. well, if i'm hanging out with e.b. white, then the "picking grapes" would appeal to me before the "doing laundry"......but if left on my own, chocolate always brings me joy! :))

    p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to remember to do one thing each day that brings me joy, but perhaps I do it automatically, selfish being that I am! Cuddling with my dogs brings me joy, reading a really good book, hugs from friends, birds and lizards and all things wild and small. It's so nice to take a moment and really think about the joyful things in life...thank you for the reminder! ♥

    ReplyDelete